Get protected with up to $10,000 of coverage.
Get peace of mind with our simple and affordable Equipment Protection Plan (EPP) which protects you from costly repairs due to accidental equipment damage. Download our printable EPP Guide here.
The EPP covers up to $10,000 of Accidental Damage
Renters are required to accept the EPP and pay the applicable charge unless they have an approved Certificate of Insurance on file with RentalMax. If the renter accepts the EPP and pays the applicable charge, the renter shall not be responsible for covered damages up to $10,000. In the event that damages exceed $10,000, the renter is fully responsible for the value in excess of $10,000.
What is Not Covered?
The EPP does not cover the following:
- ● Intentional damage as well as all loss of and damage to the item(s) not covered by EPP.
- ● Covered item(s) lost or damaged during transportation.
- ● Any breach of the Rental Contract by you or your agents, employees, sublessees, transferees, borrowers, successors, and/or assigns.
- ● Theft or other failures to timely return covered item(s) to us.
- ● Damage to GPS and telematics systems, batteries, keys, glass, tires, tubes, tracks, booms, belts, chains, knobs, fittings, and hoses.
- ● Negligence, misuse, and abuse are not covered (including submerging, overturning, overloading, and damage by falling objects, including tree limbs). The customer must take reasonable measures to protect against damage. RentalMax personnel will determine if the damage of any rental item(s) was caused by customer negligence or abuse. This includes uses of the equipment that are not as the equipment manufacturer intended – the customer is responsible for reviewing manufacturer equipment manuals. If in the opinion of RentalMax personnel, the damage was caused by negligence or abuse, the customer is solely responsible to bring the rental item(s) back to its original condition or pay for the item(s) if it is deemed by RentalMax personnel to be damaged beyond repair.
The Equipment Protection Plan is not Insurance.
Please check with your insurance agent to see if you have coverage for damage or loss to rented equipment. The RentalMax Equipment Protection Plan is a program offered by RentalMax that enables customers to significantly reduce their potential financial liability on rental equipment when it is damaged. The EPP is not applied to merchandise, delivery charges, fuel, or tax.
Is the EPP Required?
The EPP is required unless the customer submits a request to opt-out of the EPP and has an approved certificate of insurance on file with RentalMax. If the customer has approved insurance coverage and has declined the EPP, the customer takes full responsibility to bring back the item(s) in their original condition or pay the total cost to return them to their original condition.
To opt-out, please visit https://www.rentalmax.com/equipment-protection-plan-opt-out to submit a request along with your certificate of insurance which must meet our minimum insurance requirements. Opt-out requests may take up to 5 business days to process.
What do I do in the event of vandalism?
It is the customer’s responsibility to contact RentalMax and file a report within 24 hours of the occurrence to evaluate the cause of the damage. In the event of vandalism, the customer must also file a police report with the local authorities. A copy of the report needs to be provided to RentalMax L.L.C. The damages will be covered up to $10,000 provided RentalMax personnel decide the damage was not caused by negligence or abuse.
Please review the Rental Contract for complete Terms & Conditions.